Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The town you grew up in, The Trusty Servant, Ann Hyde

You may recall the drawing I did of the Church at Minstead

well, just before this at the beginning of the lane is a village green.  There overlooking the green is
The Trusty Servant Inn.  I remember visiting here with my family.  Nowadays it is very popular for
functions and the meals are very good. 


Here's an explanation about the 
name

I've drawn a picture of this mythical creature...

(loaded my brush with paint and went straight in,
waited for the first layer to dry and then added deeper colour.
When that had dried I then added the darkest detail)

 
Check out the
Location tab below which
shows this place on Google Street View


4 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place for a meal and a visit with friends. Nicely done, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. This place brings back good memories :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely, and I do appreciate how you went about the painting of it! Thanks, Ann!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!